Loophole In LingQ's Membership Fees

I’ve noticed a sort of loophole in LingQ’s membership fees. Let’s consider a period of three

months.

• BASIC USER: A “basic” user pays, in total, 30$ for three months of membership.

• PLUS USER: A “plus” user pays, in total, 117$ for three months of membership, but the system

gives him 9000 points. If he ever asked to redeem those points, he would end up paying 117$ -

90$ = 27$ for three months of membership*.

• PREMIUM USER: The same thing applies for a “premium” user, although at the end of those three

months, if he asked to redeem the points he received in the meantime, he would end up paying

237$ - 225$ = 12$*.

Sure, in order to do this “trick”, a premium user would need to start out with a minimum of 237$

in his bank/paypal account, but that is not so improbable. Especially when we take into account

that, if he did this throughout the whole year, he would end up paying only 48$.

• I’m assuming paypal fees are negligible.

Adalberto,
it is a normal practice to give larger discount if a customer buy more. Moreover LingQ fee for tutoring is 25%. It means that when a student pays 500 points for a discussion, 375 go to the tutor and 125 to LingQ. If a premium user uses all 7500 points, 1875 of them go to LingQ.

P.S. Income tax rate is 13% In Russia, that’s why I find LingQ income tax quite high :-p

Perhaps we ought to look at it as Great Value Added Tax?

It is not a tax, it is the overhead expenses, quite a bit lower than at a bricks and mortar school!!

Okay, then I suggest we call it Great Value Added Overhead Expense.

"It is not a tax, it is the overhead expenses, quite a bit lower than at a bricks and mortar school!! "

LOL