How do I find Swedes?

I find it really hard to get in touch with Swedes and find someone who I can chat with and learn Swedish from. What’s the best way to find people? (The Swedish forums here are quite dead so I don’t think I’ll have any luck here)

1. italki.com

2. Sweden

Sofi and Jeff were the tutors I used. They were both brilliant. Otherwise, if you live anywhere near London, there are plenty of Swedes to be found on the tube - although most of them could be tourists, for all I know.

I’d second italki.com as well. I’ve found some really helpful people there for all the languages I’m studying. You can also try www.sharedtalk.com.

I might add that I ranked italki above the country for a reason :wink:

I am also looking to talk with somebody, but would be hesitant to send a conversation request.
So if there are any Swedes out there which would like to tutor, please put some conversation times in the schedule!
Tack!
Silvia

“I might add that I ranked italki above the country for a reason”

I have learned all my German living in Austria, and for the first ten months or so of learning German, I did most of my speaking practice with teachers, and some language exchange partners, from italki.

(I almost never use it anymore.)

Thanks for your help!

“How do I find Swedes?”

I would try Tesco! :smiley:

I have used Lang-8.com for meeting pen pals, and I also am an adamant user of Italki.

Good luck!