In lesson 1) "Hola, ¿Cómo estas?" There is the phrase,

In lesson 1) “Hola, ¿Cómo estas?” There is the phrase, ’ Te gustaría aprender un nuevo idioma. I assume this is a question? I know that you guys don’t like getting caught up in grammar rules so early on in one’s learning, but if the a for mentioned statement is a question, then it would be appropriate to add the question marks. In the French lesson, the same phrase is posed as a question, not a statement.

Once again:

‘Te gustaría aprender un nuevo idioma’- 'Interested in learning a new language.

Yep, needs question marks. No need to handicap we newbies at language learning more than necessary, eh? :slight_smile:

Yep, especially for One-Eyed Jacks newbies.

If this is a question, it should, of course, have question marks. But there is no reason it has to be a question. It can mean either, “Would you like to learn a new language?” or “You would like to learn a new language.”

If you check out the translation (found at the top - there is a number 4 by the emblem), you will see that this sentence was translated as a statement (although with slightly different words than I used.)

The thing is it is treated as a question in the audio recording.

Whoops. I thought I had checked everything out, but I didn’t think to listen to the audio.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :wink: “El país de ciegos el tuerto es rey” I lost that eye to a thumb gouge, it didn’t tickle. :slight_smile:

When I listen to the phrase it sounds like a question because of the inflection.