I have tried everything except religion? Translation? Any help appreciated.

I have tried everything except religion?

Translation?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

‘Aprobado’ means to pass. For example, passing a religion test.

If you want to say "I have tried everything’ then it is “Lo he probado todo” o “He tratado todo”. I think the last one is an anglicism.

Cheers!

Hi James,
btw, you can highlight the entire sentence ‘he aprobado todo excepto reigion’ as a lingq- then you get the translation (at least in this instance)

I agree that it means ’ I have passed everything except religion’, as in an academic course.

I agree with Katze’s answer, (i.e.) translate the entire phrase or sentence, but I have found in Spanish sometimes that doesn’t always work. What I do when I can’t get the meaning or it doesn’t make sense, I translate the phrase using spanishdict.com, then I also use spanishdict.com to look up the definition of the verb where many times one finds a colloquial use of the verb not shown in many English/Spanish Dictionaries. For example, your other question (the use of which I wasn’t aware of) on the forum about ‘se sabe tirar de cabeza a la piscina’ if you look up tirarse in a dictionary it states ‘to throw oneself’ but looking up tirarse on spanishdict.com it shows one of the many uses for tirarse as diving head first.