Puedo decir?

dónde puedo encontrar un restaurante? = dónde esta un restaurante?

¡Creo que sí! ¿Dónde está un restaurante? ¿Hay un restaurante aquí?

1 Like

Literally - Where I-can find a restaurant?

De donde puedo encontrar.

Si:)

A mi no me suena bien “donde esta un restaurante?”. Diria “Donde esta el restaurante X?” si estuviera buscando uno en particular.

Es mejor que esperes que te conteste un nativo.

Mucho gracias!)))

Je dirais: Dónde hay un restaurante? (Où a-t-il un restaurant) Hay un restaurante por aquí? Dónde es el restaurante XY?
Dónde puedo encontrar un restaurante? = Où est-ce que je peux trouver un restaurant? Je pense qu’on pourrait dire ça, mais …

Why are you answering in French? She´s Russian.^^

простите моё невежество, Я поду́мал
вы француженка

Oder: ¿Dónde estará un restaurante? If you are pretty sure there is a restaurant somewhere nearby.

No, sorry to say that, but this doesn’t work. It would be: I really wonder where the restaurant could be. And “estar” only works for things that move around. For locations you need to use: ser, here: es

Thanks for helping me with this. I now understand the use of this construction! I didn’t know that it is only used for things that move around…

Ginkgo58 - You´ll want to look at this link:

• ¿Dónde puedo encontrar un restaurante? (When I can find a restaurant?)
  • ¿Dónde esta el restaurante? (Where is the restaurant?)
  • ¿Dónde hay un restaurante? (Where is there a restaurant?)

I had a look at many grammar overviews, and found out that I got it wrong. It has to be “estar”, “ser” is only used to say “take place”.Sorry for causing confusion.

Thanks, Jingle. It was actually the use of the future tense of estar for location that I needed to know. Si quieres ver lo que provocó mis pensamientos, pruebe este enlace. Donde esta spot leeido por ash - YouTube