Doubts about the expression: ときどき 、とても 早く 起きた とき は 、本 を 読んだり 英語 の 勉強 を する こと も あり ます

I started studying kanji now. It’s really easier to get the translations of each word. But there is yet some hiragana stuff in these texts.
In that case I can’t see what is the verb corresponding to the last "wo"particle.

If you break up the sentence, it will be as follows.

ときどき 、…at times

…とても 早く…unusually early (very early)

…起きた…wake up

…とき は 、…when I (if I)

…本 を 読んだり ---------|
…|…|…that I read a book or study English
…英語 の 勉強 を する–|

…こと も…(such) times

…あり ます…There are

英語 の 勉強 comes before を, and する after it. So する is the verb and 英語の勉強 the object of the verb. But the pervious line has 本を 読んだり, where -だり is a connectiing form that makes a list of equivalents (of some actions). That is 本を読んだり and 英語の勉強 are equivalents rather than one being subordinate to the other. So we must say the whole 本を読んだり 英語の勉強 is the object of する, meaning “do (reading a book or studying English)” or “read a book or study English”.
The whole phrase down to する is a sub-clause adjectivizing こと, which means “a thing”, “a fact”, “what”, etc. In this case it means the “occasion” or “time” that you do the “reading” and “studying”.
A similar sentence might be “There are times I go to the park”, which translates to "(わたしは) 公園に いく ことも あります
(公園=park, いく=go).

The sentence is then “Every so often, there are times that I read a book or study English when I wake up unusually early”.

1. 本 を 読んだり、 英語 の 勉強 を する こと も あり ます。
  2. 本を読んだり、英語の勉強をしたりすることもあります。
  3. 本を読んだりすることや、英語の勉強をしたりすることもあります。
  4. 本を読んだりすることもあれば、英語の勉強をしたりすることもあります。
    以上の4つは、同じ意味です。

「本を読んだり(することもあれば、)英語の勉強を(したり)することもあります。」
最も長い4番目の文から括弧の部分を除くと最初の文になりますね。

1. 本を読みます。
  2. 英語の勉強をします。
  3. 本を読んだり、英語の勉強を(したり)します。

「文1」と「文2」をつなげると「文3」になります。

そうですね。 質問の応答を書いた時、何か文章が対称でないって気持ちでした。 多分二番目の文章を心に考えてたみたいんです。 おかげで今はもっと確実に理解出来ました。 ありがとうございます。

Thank you for the explanation. It’s a challenge for me to write in Japanese as I never do much writing except answering some easy questions. I’m not even sure what I wrote makes sense:) I wanted to say that when I was answering the question I had the sense the original sentence was a little odd because it lacked the symmetry. I was more used to the #2 sentence of your examples where it had たり appearing twice to have full symmetrical structure. Anyway now I see how such sentence can be reduced to the original one in the question through some omissions.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I’ll go ahead and update my answer to make it more clear.