Hi, what is this particule?

hi, what is this particule?

を is the “object particle”.

In Japanese, an object of a verb must have this object particle attached to it. In English, “speak English” is clear owing to the ordering of the words and the transitive nature of the verb “speak”. Japanese relies on particles instead, and word order is not as important. For example, one can even say “えいごを わたしは はなします” (“English, I speak”) without losing clarity.

You can assume を comes after the object whenever V+O structure is involved (not necesarilly in that order), although somtimes it can be omitted if the context makes it clear.

Thank you. Japanese is a complexe language :wink: And thank for you lessons.

merci. Le japonais est vraiment un langue difficile :slight_smile: et merci pour les cours! (i saw that you learn French, and it’s my native language so i train you ahah )

C’est de rien, et merci.
As you say, Japanese can be quite a challenge as it’s so different from the Europen languages.
But you’ll get greater satisfaction if you make good progress because of that - it is a “truly” foreign language.
And yes, I’m learning French. Not quite yet good enough to write good sentences though.
Hopefully I will soon get to a point where I can write all this in French. Thank you :slight_smile:

French it’s difficult too! i hope you’ll improve your french! :slight_smile:
I go to Japan soon, for 3 months, i work hard to have a good level.

Le français est aussi difficile, j’espère que tu vas t’améliorer! :slight_smile:
Je pars au Japon bientot, pour 3 mois. Je travaille dure pour avoir un bon niveau

Merci. Et bon voyage au Japon. C’est tre bien.
よい 旅行を ! (bon voyage).
Have fun in Japan!