Does anyone happen to know any unusual colour words? I mean not just red, blue, orange etc., but something more interesting like auburn. Thank you in advance)

Does anyone happen to know any unusual colour words? I mean not just red, blue, orange etc., but something more interesting like auburn. Thank you in advance)

I think you will find a lot in there!

1 Like

I should have thought about Wikipedia in the first place, but thank you nonetheless:)

It’s a bit of a strange request. Are you writing a poem?

No, I’m just getting a bit tired of using the same colour words and not being able to convey different shades of colours.

I was born with beautiful auburn hair; as a teenager my hair looked like it was on fire when I was in the sun!

1 Like

You might like to use the names of metals, like bronze - “tanned bronze by the sun”; copper - “copper hair”; silvery - “silvery hair”; lead/leaden - “leaden sky”; gold - “golden sunset”. You can even use the names of berries or vegetables, eg. strawberry - “strawberry blonde”, means a redheaded person, as does “carrot top”; beetroot - “Judging by his beetroot face, he had better to do something quickly about his high blood pressure”, etc.

1 Like

Ok. I only know red, green, blue, yellow, and orange. After that, it gets too complicated.