Japanese Learners who are new to LINQ but not new to the language

I have been learning Japanese for over 8 years. I didn’t start to diligently study until about 2 years ago. I would consider myself intermediate. I can understand fairly well when listening but I do my best in the language when typing to people through text since I get really nervous when I speak.
I just started using Linq maybe for a few days and I found that I know how to say, use or define so many more words then I know how to read. If you ask me the word for something in person I could tell you but I would probably not be able to recognize the kanji. So I have been looking through the material on here and I have been mostly making linqs to words I already know and use verbally.
My question is should I just say I already know these words? I have so many linqs of words I already know. I am kinda of thinking that I should put them down as I know them already and eventually as I keep seeing them i’ll remember the kanj. Any suggestions?

漢字は、その形が意味を持っているので、音声を示すだけの表音文字で表記される英語の単語よりも記憶しやすいはずです。しかし、読み方は文脈によって異なるので、文の中で漢字は覚えるべきなのかもしれません。

漢字(かんじ)は、その形(かたち)が意味(いみ)を持(も)っているので、音声(おんせい)を示(しめ)すだけの表音文字(ひょういもじ)で表記(ひょうき)される英語(えいご)の単語(たんご)よりも記憶(きおく)しやすいはずです。しかし、読(よ)み方(かた)は文脈(ぶんみゃく)によって異(こと)なるので、文(ぶん)の中(なか)で漢字は覚(おぼ)えるべきなのかもしれません。