What's the problem?

I’ve posted an oppen request on the Exchange. But I’ve got any reaction for two days. What’s the problem? Where are all English native speakers, who used correct texts on The Exchange?

You’ve got your corrections!

Lovely!

And hasn’t all that work paid off. You use lovely idiomatic English nowadays. I’m v. impressed!

Hi, there’s are problem with notifications at the minute, so people may not know about your request. It should be fixed soon though, see here: http://www.lingq.com/forum/2/35008/

What do you mean? The work may have paid totaly. If not let me know.

no, no, no… I was using the idiom “to have paid off” meaning that your work has achieved the results that you intended. It’s a compliment!

Oh poor me! I have a long way to go with my English; as you see.

That’s what I got from LingQ support.

attendez-vous toujours une réponse à votre Requête d’Echange? you voudriez peut-être essayer de faire des choses parmi les suivantes:

Requêtes Publiques
Essayez d’augmenter le nombre de points offerts.
Essayez de notifier à quelques amis ou tuteurs connus votre envoi en envoyant un message sur leurs murs.
Requêtes privées
Essayez de poster un messge sur le mur du tuteur sélectionné pour lui rappeler de répondre.
Essayez de choisir un autre tuteur. Votre tuteur n’est peut-être pas disponible en ce moment pour répondre.
Changez votre requête en requête publiqueafin que plus de tuteurs potentiels la voient.
Essayez d’augmenter le nombre de points offerts.
Comme toujours, si vous avez quelques problèmes, envoyez un e-mail au support. Nous sommes toujours là pour aider.

L’équipe de support de LingQ

Not a bit of it! I won’t listen to you putting yourself down in this way!! What does Steve say?? Eternal optimism!!

1 Like

Now I must return to the sailing blog I am importing - NONE of the difficult words are in Google Translate!! Have to resort to my really enormous paper dictionary!

He also once said that “We are always not quite there, but in fact we have achieved a lot in the meantime.” I love this!