What did Michael Jordan say?

Hello!

Would someone help me please with this little video? What does Michael Jordan say at exactly 2:09 till 2:11?

He says:

“If you don’t study, if you don’t work really hard and dedicate yourself to be better every single day, you’ll never be able to communicate with people… (then what?) ???.. (and it goes on…) The only thing that I see, etc…”

Link to the video: - YouTube

Thanks!

“If you don’t study, if you don’t work really hard and dedicate yourself to being better every single day, you’ll never be able to communicate with people, with your artistry, the way you want.”

That part is Will Smith talking.

Thank you, kcb!

I had never seen/heard the word “artistry” before, I guess. That’s why it sounded so weird to me.

I hadn’t noticed it was Will Smith speaking that moment! Now that you said, it’s impossible not to notice, haha…

Thank you very much!

See you.

Happy to help :slight_smile:

Btw I’m not surprised that that part was difficult to catch. The phrasing is awkward and I’ve noticed that people tend to mumble as soon as they realize that something they’re saying sounds wrong. I think that’s what happened in the clip.

You’re right. That seems to be exactly what happened.

I’ve seen that you study portuguese. I’d be glad to help you anytime if it’s needed.

Thanks again, kcb!