Has anyone noticed that the site is faster?

I have nothing to do with these things, but I know that a lot of effort has been put into improving site speed over the last little while. Much of this was included in the latest update. I find the site faster now. Have others noticed?

Yes, the lingqing process is definitely faster now. That’s great, thanks.

It appears faster, but I have noticed a couple of things:

1. An old notification (which I read yesterday) keeps coming up flagged red, despite repeated refreshing via F5.

2. This post is still shown in the list of Recently Active Threads as having coming from Steve (who posted it at 6:17) , despite a reply by @Domas at 07.25. The times quoted are UK.

I just read a newpaper article on the website and it seems to be much better. The list of user hints appears almost instantly, LingQs are created really fast, and the lagging after changing the word status is completely gone. This is an excellent improvment and makes a huge difference.

On the other hand, the website is telling me I have 45 new notifications, when in reality I have none. I guess this doesn’t matter so much. Ten leaps forward, one step back.

Lucky you. I’ve 429 new notifications :wink:

I haven’t found the time for testing, but I’ve recognized that the ranking for Roses doesn’t load.

I also have 416 notifications.
And I’ve just noticed that when lingqing, after saving, it doesn’t move to the next blue word.

Yes, it’s faster! Great job, LingQ Team ^^

EDIT: Oh, no captcha…!

I have "only’’ 190 new notifications.

@all - The notifications issue should hopefully be fixed very soon, so don’t worry about scrolling through your entire list of notifications to mark them all as read :slight_smile:

The increased speed is much appreciated. Thank you LingQ team!

Yes !!! It is better now !!!

Absolutely, thank you to the staff for all your work!

Yes, definitely noticed the speed improvement here. It makes the site so much more usable :slight_smile: To me, if you guys can really work on the speed and reducing the bug count, it would really take the site from “useful resource” to “essential tool”.

Yes, it is a lot faster. Honestly it lagged a lot before but whatever you did, it worked, and it’s a lot smoother I think.

Definitely an improvement. Thanks, LingQ team!

Yes!

Yes, the site is doing great. I always love visiting this site. It’s informative and full of knowledge.

The library is still slow.

@VeraI - I just checked and the Library seems to be a lot quicker than before. How long is it taking to load, and do you notice it taking longer with certain searches or filters selected?

With my German library I get the following results:
My Imports: 15 seconds
Selecting “Courses”: 25 seconds
Page 2 (from the Courses): 25 seconds