Speaking improvement

I wanted to ask you all advanced language learners for some concrete methods for improving the speaking ability. I ask this because I have difficulties speaking English even though I can understand it very well and I also read books ( not enough though).

If possible surround yourself with native English speakers,easier said than done I know, may I also suggest developing a fondness for English soaps Eastender’s and Coronation street, that way you will become familiarized with English as it is actually spoken, Eastenders for southern accents and coronation street (or corrie as many people call it ) for the northern accent. Speaking for myself I am just about getting to the stage where I am understanding French I don’t care if I make mistakes as long as I am improving eg I have started to watch a French soap opera, I understand just enough to come back for more but more importantly I hope I am picking up incorrect French ie French as it is actually spoken.

lesson number one for northern English, “am goin t’ pub” that means “I am going to the pub” , TO THE contracts to T’
If you watch coronation street you will pick this up quite quick, or Emmerdale.
For an authentic Manchunian/Salford accent watch Shameless on Channel 4.

I wouldn’t consider myself an advanced language learner but as far as English is concerned I think the range of English accents if difficult for language learners who are taught in queens english or american english. BTW (by the way) in the north of England if you want to say “thanks” you can say “ta” eg ta very much. On another point you say you have difficulty speaking English I would imagine that you speak English better than the vast majority of English speak Romanian, if you can be undertood half the battle is won, most people in England speak and write in very sloppy English (myself included). all reyt cock am off now see yer later.

Google ‘shadowing’. Maybe it will work for you.

The unique way to improve your speaking skills is simply…

SPEAK

XD

Thank you for your advice . In a way it is very frustrating to be able to understand a language pretty well and not be able to speak as you wish.

Thank you for your advice . In a way it is very frustrating to be able to understand a language pretty well and not be able to speak as you wish.